Are you struggling with editing documents exported from Sage Evolution to MS Excel because they are in ‘protected mode’? By default, documents that fail validation in MS Office 2010 will open in ‘protected mode’. This means one cannot edit and work on these documents while they’re in a Protected View display.
This can be extremely frustrating when exporting reports or grids from Sage Evolution to MS Excel documents.
So, how does one get rid of the Protected View on reports or grids exported from Sage Evolution?
Procedure to remove Protected View on Reports Exported to MS Excel:
1. Close Sage Evolution on the local PC
2. Open MS Excel
3. Click File | Options | Trust Center
4. Click Trust Center Settings | File Block Settings
The option ‘Open selected file types in Protected View’ will be selected by default
5. Select the ‘Open selected file types in protected view and allow editing’ option
6. Remain on the File Block Settings and uncheck all options as displayed in the below screenshot
7. Click OK
8. Close and reopen MS Excel
I hope the above helps users who might be a bit annoyed by the Protected View!
Should you have any queries please comment below.
Violet Van Niekerk