Pastel Serial Number Tracking Module
The Serial Number Tracking add-on module allows you to create serialised inventory items. Serial number items are identical to physical inventory items, except in one way, each item has its own unique serial number.
Each time you purchase a serial number item, you have to create a serial number for each individual item you are bringing into stock. In otherwords, if you purchase 10 items, you will only use 1 inventory code, but, you have to create 10 serial numbers.
If you transfer serialised inventory items between stores, you have to specify the serial number of each individual item you are transferring. When you sell serialised inventory items, you have to select the serial numbers of each individual item you are selling.
You use serial tracking when you need to track the movement of individual inventory items through the system. You usually do this for warranty purposes, so that you know whether an item is within a warranty period should a customer return it for repair.
Of course, the return of the item for a repair, and the subsequent re-issue of the item to the customer, also requires you to enter the serial number. You therefore have a full and complete history of the movement of each individual stock item.
If you use serial tracking, you do not have to use it for each inventory item. You choose per item whether to serialise it or not.
With Pastel’s Serial Number Tracking module, you can perform the following tasks:
- Track movement of individual inventory items through the system using unique serial numbers
- Forced entry of a serial number for serialised stock items ensures a full and complete history of the movement of each individual stock item
- Select per inventory item whether to serialise the individual item or not
- Choose whether to allocate serial numbers to sales orders
- Create sequential serial numbers by entering one serial number template and use the system to automatically create incrementing serial numbers, or enter serial numbers individually
- Import serial numbers from a file
- Print barcodes for serial numbers
- Use the Count Inventory function to count physical serial items in stock against theoretical items on hand.
Some of the reports available include:
- Serial Number History to view movement history for serial number items
- Serial Number Listing to view serial numbers per inventory item, along with their status.
Additional Module Information:
- If you use the Multi-Stores module, you can transfer serialised inventory items between stores
- If you use the Bill of Materials module, you can manufacture into serialised items.