There appears to be a Partner Payroll issue doing rounds on some of our clients systems, which affects their Employee count on the software.
In short, one might be registered for a 100 Employee Payroll, obviously allowing you to create a total of up to 100 Employee Masterfiles (combined between your different companies created on Payroll). What would then happen at some of our clients, is that the program will register/pick up the exact same company twice or even 3 times and thus doubling the actual Employee count and seeing e.g. a 45 Employee company as 135 Employees.
Below is a typical example of the problem. This screen can be accessed by opening Payroll and going to Help, About and then “Employee Count” at the bottom right. As you can see in the below example, the exact same company is “registered” 3 times. Therefor the software is now registering a 45 Employee company as 135 Employees.
We have tried and tested the below solution on a number of occasions and I am happy to report that the result was successful each time. The following steps can be followed in order to correct the issue:
- If you have a network consisting of more than 1 PC using Payroll, make sure to close the program on each PC and go to the Payroll Server/Main Payroll PC.
- Open Payroll on the Server and go to File, Open, Manage. All your companies will be listed with a brown briefcase icon (note, it will just show each company once even though it shows it more than once on the Employee Count Screen)
- Click on each company and select the option to “Remove Company” on the right hand side. Do this for each company until you are only left with the Server name right at the top.
- Next you will re-register the software. This can be done by clicking on Help, Register your package. On the first screen click on next, single user/server, UN-TICK register online and then select ‘next’, ‘next’, etc, until you reach the summary screen.
- Lastly, close and reopen Payroll. Go to File, Open, Manage and then add each of your companies again by clicking on “Add Company” on the right hand side.
Like mentioned, the above solution does work. Should you follow these steps and you still experience the same issue, you are more than welcome to contact us so that we can assist.
Alternatively, if you would like us to rather attend to it, please give us a call on 021 447 9565 or post a comment on this blog and I’ll assist.