With financial & payroll year-ends many of us will be away on (well deserved) holidays. We will however, still require reports and information about our businesses on a daily/weekly basis. There are a number of ways of doing this in Evolution, depending on the reporting platform you are using for Evolution reporting. If you are using the Evolution standard reporting functionality (as opposed to the BIC or other platforms), you can accomplish this very easily using the Evolution “Job Manager”.
The “Job Manager” is shipped as standard functionality with Evolution Core. It is located in the Maintenance…Common Menu.
The Job Manager has the following features/functionality:
- Multiple jobs can be created and multiple reports can be generated within each job.
- Each job is created with it’s own run schedule which can differ from job to job. Jobs/reports can also be run on an ad-hoc basis.
- There are a number of delivery methods that can be used for report output – each report can have different/multiple delivery methods – print, save to file, e-mail.
- Multiple delivery formats are available, the most common being Excel and PDF, but JPG, TXT and RTF are available.
- Multiple e-mail addresses can be specified for e-mail delivery.
- Jobs and reports can be individually enabled/disabled.
- All instances are logged.
Setting up a Report Job
Click on “Add Job”, select “Report”
Name the Job
Tick “enable” to activate the job and click on the “scheduler” button to set your schedule – follow the scheduler wizard.
Adding a Report to a Job
Click on the “Add Report” Button. Select the Evolution report that you would like to schedule. In the screen shot below, I have selected the Accounts Receivable Age Analysis – you will need to lookat the “Report Class” column in order to identify the correct report where reports in different modules have the same name.
Select the delivery method and output format
Click on the “Parameters” tab and click on the “Designer” button. The standard Evolution report parameter dialog will pop up – set your required parameters and select your layout required.
When you click on OK, the report parameters will be saved and displayed.
You can now preview the report, amend settings, output, etc.
Click on the “Save” button to save your Job and Reports. Add/Change/Delete/Enable/Disable Jobs and reports as required.
You are now good to go!
Points to Note:
- The Job Manager must be open on the server/workstation in order for it to run – it does not load as a service.
- Do not change the parameter values in the grid shown above – use the “Designer” button to change your parameter values.
- If you are in an Offline Branch Accounting environment, you will not be able to run branch specific report from “Head Office” – branch specific reports will have to be run from the branch specific databases.
Our suite of Sage Pastel Accounting related Professional Services include:
Sage Pastel Partner Payroll Sales & Support
Sage Pastel Partner Payroll SARS Submission assistance
Sage Pastel Partner Payroll Outsourcing
Sage Pastel Accounting Software Sales & Support
Sage Pastel Accounting Software Implementation & Project Management
Sage Pastel Accounting Troubleshooting & Data fixing
Excel Reporting Onsite End User and Advanced Training 3rd Party Application Development