The all new Sage Pastel Payroll 2017 Update 4 is here and available for download to all clients. With the new update comes important new features to improve your everyday processing experience. Below are just a few of the changes you as Pastel Payroll User can expect from this exciting new update:
- Brand new icons. For an all new fresh look and feel, same functionality.
Reset Password Functionality
Forgot your password? Or simply feel like resetting your existing password? No Problem! This brand new feature allows users the opportunity to reset their existing passwords by requesting a Reset PIN.
How Sage Pastel Payroll 2017 Update 4 works :
- First of all, ensure that there is a valid email address entered for all users on the Sage Pastel Payroll System. To check this, the Administrator User needs to open the specific company. Go to Setup, Users/Passwords and then select Users/Passwords. If a user does not have a email address entered, they will not be able to use the Reset Password function and as a result will not be able to recover or reset their forgotten password.
- Enter a valid email addresses as shown above. The user can then open the company and then click on the “Forgot Password” option as seen below :
- Enter the Username and click on OK. The Reset Password option will now be available as shown below. If no email address has been set up for the specific user the option will be greyed out.
- A screen will now pop up advising the user that as Reset PIN was sent to the email address that was selected for the user (as shown below). It will request the user to enter a Reset PIN, which can be found on the automatic email that would have been sent to the user.
- The email the user will receive will look the same as the image below. Finally, the user just needs to enter the Reset PIN provided on the email on the above Reset Password screen. Once done and entered correctly, they will be able to select and confirm a new password.
3. Sage Pastel Payroll 2017 Update 4 Enhanced Backup Functionality.
We all know how crucial it is to make backups of all Payroll Companies. Whether you have Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly Processing. While it is important as making the actual backup, is to keep it as organized as possible should you need to restore.
We come across many clients on a day to day basis with more than enough backups, but it tends to be processed all over the place. Therefore finding the correct backup and restoring it ended up being a time consuming issue rather than a very quick and easy process.
So with the new backup enhancements in place, Sage Pastel Payroll 2017 Update 4 has now added the following at the additional information at the end of each backup :
3.1. The date on which the backup was processed
3.2. The Time the backup was made
3.3. The CURRENT Pay Period End Date in which the company is
3.4. The Update on which the backup was made e.g. Sage Pastel Payroll 2017 Update 4 (20174)
In conclusion, these are just a few of the new features one is to expect from the latest update, Sage Pastel Payroll 2017 Update 4. With each available update released, the end goal is to improve the software itself while also improving the user experience and making it as appealing and easy as possible.
If you feel comfortable applying the update on your own, feel free to do so, but PLEASE make sure that you have a working backup prior to running it. Furthermore, making sure you know where it has been made.
If you would like us to rather assist with the update, either contact our office on 021 447 9565 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist.
More Features to follow soon!